My mom arrived yesterday at approximately 10:30. Ahhh...what a relief. She is truly an amazing woman and I couldn't be happier that she is here. Ya know, I kinda thought she would have no idea what she was doing as far as dealing with the kids. Yeah sure, she raised me and my brother and sister but that was like 100 years ago! Well, OK, 34 years ago but same difference. She smoked and drank when she was pregnant. She used to put me to sleep in my crib on my stomach. And apparently put "Donatol" in my bottle when I had gas pains. And used cloth diapers. Ewwww. I mean, would she really know what to do with MY kids? Plus, she never had twins to deal with which is a whole different animal.
I have to say, the answer is yes. She is absolutely great with them. Especially Jacob. He really seems to like Grandma a lot. So much so that I shouted out this morning, "He hates me. He likes you much more." Not sure if that is true, only time will tell. Ha ha ha ha.
Yesterday was again, a great day. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the fact that my mom was here. We chit chatted and gossiped all day long. And she looked after Jacob most of the day. Definitely spoiling him - singing to him, talking to him and just cuddling with him for no reason. I actually wasn't sure what would happen last night since he had been SO good and calm most of the day. Would he continue to stay a sweet little angel and make all of my stories to her seem like I was exagerrating and being kind of a nervous mom?
Well sure enough around 7:00 he started to go a little ballistic. Not full fledged crazy, like the other night when I was rocking him and I thought "Hmm...could he be some kind of alien devil child?" And then I seriously considered that fact that all of a sudden his eyes might turn red shooting out lazer beams and he would try and killme. Not that crazy. But pretty worked up. And my mom just took him and settled him down like a champ. Sure, it took a while, but she did it. And actually looked after Jake and Mason most of the entire night so Harvey and I could get some rest.
She is here the rest of the week. And my sister is coming in on Friday and going to stay for a week. The two of them are actually going to babysit on Saturday night as Harvey and I are going to a friend's wedding - but that's another post for another time.
I'll just sign off this one by saying, I can only hope that some day I can help out Mason with her kids and be as inspiring to her as she is to me.
Sorry for the sappy post, but hey, I'm a mom now.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i like your mother better than i like you too, but just a little.
Post a Comment