Monday, September 15, 2008

Home Alone

Today is the first day I am home alone with the twins.

Harv had six weeks off! Yes, six. And today he finally went back to work. Which was/is a bit scary for me. How am I gonna handle this on my own? What if I'm feeding them and I have to make a doody? Do I bring them with me into the bathroom? Do I leave them in the living room on the couch? Do I poop my pants?

I can do this. I think. So far, so good. We had a bit of a rough night. Again, little Jacob didn't really want to sleep much. Not sure why. He didn't have a dirty diaper. He wasn't hungry. Or hot. But maybe he had gas. Dunno. But he was essentially up most of the night. And so was I. But what can I say...my kids like to party.

They both woke screaming at 7:30. (Jacob was previously up from 3:30 - 6:15) I managed to get them both in their Boppys and feed them. Of course their was lots of crying, but what are you gonna do. Then I some how managed to get Jacob to sleep. Well, I put him in his swing. He likes his swing. Thank you Jim & Maria! And Mason was the one being the fusspot this morning. Not sure what's wrong with her, but she just wants to be held I guess. And that's not so bad. So as a write this, she's laying asleep in my lap, close to my body, as I lean over her and type to you...the readers...the fans of the "Wonder Twins".

Ok - probably won't have time to post more today but look for an update late tonight or tomorrow.

Wish me luck. And God bless America.

No comments: