Saturday, September 6, 2008

Screaming down the house!



How can something this cute be so f'n loud?

Oh-my-Gawd! Why does Jacob not stop crying? Is this what I signed up for? Really? I didn't realize when I decided to be a mom how much babies cry. Seriously. I mean, I knew my life would change. A lot. And I was totally cool with that. I knew I wouldn't be able to go out to bars all the time anymore. Or movies. Or even just lie on my couch and watch crap TV. But honestly, I have to say I had no idea what was in store. I kinda knew that the 2 babies would be a lot of work, but I didn't know how much they cry. And how loud it can be. Again, this is really just our first week alone. Without our security blanket Ann Marie. And the kids are only 5 weeks old. I know we'll get the hang of it. I just don't know when.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. We went out with the kids and met our friend Maria in the park who has 2 kids of her own. We even managed to go out and eat at The Pita Grill. The night was OK. Nothing too crazy. Jacob was a little bit of a nutball early evening, but that's to be expected. They essentially slept for 3 hour stretches. And it was only for his 4AM feeding that he wasn't interested in sleeping again.

Oh yeah - also for that 4AM feeding, I was so tired that when I made him his bottle I forgot to mix the formula with the water. I just put the water in the bottle, shook it up and gave it to Harvey to feed him while I was taking care of Mason. It was only after he had about 1/2 an ounce we realized what a sleep deprived retard I was.

Today has been rainy so we've been cooped up. And I think the kids felt it. Because they barely slept at all today. Including Mason. They've been feeding normally, but they just refuse to sleep. Now that it's dark out, Mason has gone down. And of course, Jacob is throwing his usual temper tantrums. I swear we've tried everything. Even reasoning with him.

But anyway...another night. We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow is that start of football! The first Patriots game. And I won't even be able to watch. Damn you NFL for only having your package on Direct TV (which Harv and I are unable to order in this apartment).

Hopefully Tom Brady will get a better sleep than Harvey and I will. He better. Or I'll be really annoyed with him.

No comments: