Lemme back up a sec...
The rest of the day yesterday went alright. I mean, for my first day home alone with the kids I think it was really good. Yes, a bit stressful at times. Some might even call it challenging. But I managed. I think at some point you just become desensitized to the crying. Which you kind of have to. You're only one person. With two arms. I couldn't have been more excited when I saw Harvey walk through the door. I was feeding the kids at the time and he sauntered in and jumped right in...picking up Mason out of the Boppy and helping with her feed. Oh yeah, did I happen to mention he also brought be home some flowers.

What a guy. Seriously, he's the best and I don't know what I'd do without him.Last night however, was a little insane. Jacob was up again from about 3:00 - 6:15. But Harvey stayed up with him. Let me sleep. I actually didn't even hear the cries that's how tired I was. Again, what a guy he is. He came in the room at 6:15 and showered for work and left.
So like I was saying to begin with, today was really really good. It might have had something to do with my friend Jeff coming over from the city to visit. I literally got to hang out with my friend, talk to him for a bit and eat a bagel like a normal human being. The kids were perfect. I kept telling Jeff that this was absolutely not the norm and that I've never seen them like this. Again, maybe they were showing off. Below is a pic of Jeff holding Mason after a feed.
Aww...what a cutie. (Mason that is. Jeff is a hairy bastard.) :)
We even went for a walk today. And I took a shower this morning. I bought some horseradish pickles and olives from a farmers market on our walk. And I even took the kids inside the grocery store. Wow, I'm bragging about going outside and buying pickles...what have I become?
But our luck could not last forever...tonight has been a little crazed. Jacob started up round 6:00 and didn't really stop until about 45 minutes ago. When that was Mason's cue to start up. I told you, it's like they know and tag team up against us or something. We just couldn't calm the little guy down tonight so Harvey resorted to driving him around in the car. Which apparently didn't work. Harv said it was only until he took him out of the car that he stopped crying because he was so exhausted from making himself horse. So now he lays inside his carseat on the floor of his room. It looks a little sad actually. And I feel a little bad for keeping him on the floor. But he's quiet. And we all like quiet.
The next feed is soon...wish us luck.
Some gratuitous cute baby pics from the day--
No comments:
Post a Comment