Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We don't have to take our onesies off...to have a good time. Oh no.



"Happy 1 month birthday to you.
You smell like a cup of poo
But not all the time
Mommy and daddy love you"
(sang to the tune of "happy birthday to you")

Great song. I know. If you can believe it, I JUST made it up. Now. This very second.
So yesterday was Mason & Jacob's 1 month birthday. Yes, I know! Already. Can you even stand it? We didn't party too hard, although a few milk bombs were downed. And some "gripe water" was had. I even had a little Baileys in my coffee in the morning so they would get a tiny hit of it through the my breast milk that night. Oh yeah. (Jacob wants to give a shout-out to Uncle Andy for showing him the way in the milk bomb department)

So I haven't blogged in over 24 hrs. I guess I've been busy. Honestly, I have no idea where the time goes. What has happened since then, besides all the partying you ask? Well, I'll breaka break it down for you.

-Mase and Jake spent lots of time with their English relatives. They also learned some new words from Nana, Papa, Auntie Mel and Lewis:
Nappy = Diaper
Cot = Crib
Pram = Stroller
and the best one of all,
Dummy = Pacifier

They were very sad to see them go. As were Harv and I. But the kids promised us that if we took them over to England soon they wouldn't cry or scream or on the airplane. Even when we take off and land. So we're looking into it.

-Ann Marie came back Monday afternoon. Thank God. Seriously, you have no idea how much I'm going to miss this woman. I've already cried thinking about her departure. We were on our own Friday night thru Monday afternoon and it went OK. But the nights are pretty brutal. And we get a little scared. But we shouldn't. They're babies right. We're the adults here. I think.

-The kids slept fine with Ann Marie here. Jake had no screaming fits that we know of. He even slept longer than Mason at some stretches. I'm chalking it up to the fact that he wore himself out over the weekend so was super tired. :)

-I had my fantasy football draft. And I dunno how I did really. This is the first year Cracky hasn't had time to really prepare for anything so I totally winged it. And it was hard. And semi-stressful. But all in all I had some really good picks. And some questionable ones. It's weird that all of a sudden the love of my life, fantasy football, is taking a backseat. And I don't care that much. I mean, I do care. Sort of.

-The twins went to the pediatrician this morning for a weigh in and the 2nd part of their Hep B vaccine. They weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs 2 oz for Mase and 8 lbs 8 oz for Jake. They amazed us all, as Mason definitely looks a little chubbier and generally eats more. But I guess she also must poop more too or has a faster metabolism or something. All is well. They are both in perfect health. We told the doc about Jake and his screaming fits at night. But that he is somehow fine with Ann Marie. She said that she thinks he is A OK, but "smells our fear"! Seriously? A month old baby can tell if your stressed or anxious? I believe her cause she's a doctor but still seems odd. So no formula change, no drugs...yet. Stay tuned.

Those are the highlights. Not really sure what I did most of the day today. Oh yeah, Mason puked up her 11:00 bottle. So I had baby sick all over me. I have to say, it's been a long time since I've had puke all over me. Too long. Maybe it was a delayed reaction from the big 1 month birthday party yesterday. Mason also would like to give a shout out to Uncle Andy for showing her how to deal with a milk hangover. What a guy.

Some pics from the Lieberschnitzels visit:













1 comment:

Mummy Mel said...

Lewis and I miss you all sooooo much xxx