Friday, September 12, 2008

Dinner and a Boobie

I finally did it.

Only because circumstances deemed it necessary really. But today, I actually breastfed Mason and Jacob at the SAME time. That's right. You heard it here first. I used the traditional "football hold" for each in honor of the new NFL season.

Harvey had run out to pick some stuff up from CVS when both kids started crying. It was actually good practice for when I'll be home alone with them next week as Harv has to go back to work. But, as obvious as it seems - you just humanly cannot get to two babies at once. First Jacob was crying, and wanted to be held so I picked him up. Then as soon as I picked him up, Mason didn't want to be in her swing anymore and started crying. So I put him down and went to her. And then he started up again. OY. It was close to their feeding time so I figured what the hell...I might as well try it. I positioned the Boppy - put Mason on the right, Sir Galahad on the left and suddenly I was able to enjoy the sweet sound of silence. It was actually easier than I had imagined. Harvey came running through the door about 5 minutes later. He wanted to take a pic for this blog but I forbade it. I mean, it's bad enough that I'm even writing about it and you are forming a mental picture of me breastfeeding two babies. Perverts.

Some quick twin highlights from the past couple days since I didn't have a chance to blog yesterday...

-We are now giving Jacob some medicine for what the doc thinks might be an acid reflux problem. She said it might help with the crying. We didn't hesitate for one second. Gave it to him right away. Didn't even look it up. Does that make us bad parents??
We also tilted their crib slightly, putting the mattress at a slight angle.
It seems to kind of be working a little bit...we think. Still too early to tell.

-Wed day / night was a little bit crazy with the two of them. One would cry. We would settle them, then the other one would start. I swear, we felt like they were plotting against us as if they were some kind of tag team. But overall, a pretty good night.

-Thursday (today) we noticed in the wee hours of the morning that little Mason had developed a lil' cold. Or allergies. Not sure. But she is really congested. And it makes us sad cause the little lady finds it tough to breathe. And we have to put these drops in her nose which she hates. And use that aspirator bulb thing to draw out the boogers and mucus which she also hates. I would hate it too if I were her size and I saw something as big as my head going up my nose. I'm sure it's not pleasant.

-Harvey and I also managed to watch the last two episodes of Project Runway and the Entourage from last Sunday during feeds today. And that is REALLY exciting.

That's all for now folks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay... With twins where to you find the time? I have one and I can barely have a cup of tea!

Harv said...

Actually, I didn't write this one. Ann did. Unless you didn't guess that already. She was logged in as me. Although I have very nice, pert breasts myself they cannot produce milk to satisfy the twins at this time. Unlike Ann's. In case you didn't realize. I hope this clears up any confusion of authorship.