So yesterday was X-mas. And obviously, we are Jewish...so the question becomes, what do we do? Do we ignore the holiday that everyone in America is obsessed with? Do we deny our kids the fun of Santa, reindeer, stockings and pure and simply, straight up fun? The answer my friends is no.
Both Harvey and I celebrated bits of X-mas when we grew up and we want to do the same thing for our kids. We clearly didn't celebrate the religious aspects of the holiday, but did embrace Santa and the spirit of giving. When I was a kid, I had Hanukkah and X-mas. Well, like I said before, at least the Santa bit. I remember hanging stockings, putting out cookies and the living room being full of presents in the morning. Harvey had a "Hanukkah bush", got presents on X-mas morning and had a big meal that his mom would prepare. We at Chinese food. Harvey and I haven't decided exactly what our X-mas tradition will be yet, but we both want it to include Santa, that's for sure. So think of it this way...our kids get X-mas and Hanukkah. What a way to go. Some may say that's spoiling them...but Harvey and I got both holidays and we turned out OK. I think. OK, no rude jokes, please.
Here are some festive holiday pics of the kids. Took them earlier in the week.
Taken right before their morning cereal.
An homage to ET...thought it was holidayish and cute as well. Please note, that NONE of these stuffed animals were given to the kids as holiday gifts - rather, they were all "welcome to the world" gifts.
"Hey Mason, this is the best time ever...right!"
"Mommy, why did u have to put these stupid reindeer hats on us again. You are getting like Grandma."
That photo shoot was exhausting. Here is the aftermath.
No comments:
Post a Comment