
"A hog and a frog cavort in the bog. But not the hippopotamus.
A moose and a goose together have juice. But not the hippopotamus.
A cat and two rats are trying on hats. But not the hippopotamus.
A bear and a hare have been to a fair. But not the hippopotamus.
Now the hog and the frog go out for a jog with the cat and the rats and their new running hats. But not the hippopotamus.
While the moose and the bear and the goose and the hare are doing their best to keep up with the rest. But not the hippopotamus.
Then the animal pack comes scurrying back say, "Come join the lot of us!"
And she just doesn't know...should she stay or should she go?
But YES, the hippopotamus.
But not the armadillo."
OK, so I just wrote that down from memory. At 7:00 AM. Can you dig it?
I guess I can. That Sandra Boynton books is Mason and Jacob's favorite. And I read it to them at least once a day. Obviously. I just can't believe I've committed it to memory. Well, I mean, I can. It's not like it's that hard to memorize - not like in middle school when we'd have to memorize passages from Shakespeare or multiplication tables or anything.
I think it's a little bit sad that I know that book by heart, but I guess I'm pretty proud of it at the same time. Go figure.
1 comment:
A new couple for you to move on to are - Runble in the Jungle and Commotion in the ocean by Giles Andreae and David Wojtowycz. I know rumble in the Jungle from 7 years ago and now with babe No 3 I am adding to my repatoire with the commotion in the ocean!!
Post a Comment