Sunday, December 26, 2010

While Mommy's away...

Wow. It's been like 2 weeks since I've posted. Bad Mommy. Lazy Mommy. Eh...tired Mommy. As you've seen, I went away a couple weeks ago for a weekend in Texas to celebrate my cousin Jason getting married to his lovely wife, Storm. It would have been great to take the whole family but a weekend in Texas with two two-year-olds and an Englishman who's never been to the south and met all my Texas relatives just wasn't happening. So I flew solo. It was fun to see everyone and to hang out with my sister but I missed the kids terrible. And Harvey of course. But the funny thing was (or I thought it was funny, but maybe not so much) was the kids didn't really seem to miss me. I mean, I told them I was leaving and that daddy would be looking after them all weekend but then I would be back...because I always come back. So yeah. I skyped with them a handful of times and they were cute as always. They said hi. But they didn't cry or anything. I mean, not that I really wanted them too. But selfishly, a tear or random tantrum would have been nice. Ha ha. All was well. And daddy looked after them with no problem. So my next trip might be a weekend away with the girls in Vegas.

Anyway, here are some pics from the last couple weeks that I've been meaning to post. Clearly, they are STILL the cutest twins ever.


Mason rockin' her tutu over her jeans. Classic.


Cheesy grin. Notice he's wearing two shirts. His favorite color green on top of his favorite Cookie Monster top.


They are hugging. Or wrestling.


As you can see, Jacob lets Mason win.


Last night of Hanukkah. It was hard to explain to them that this was the last night of presents as well. It's hard to be a Jew.


Celebrating the last night of Hanukkah with a Cookie Monster cupcake.


Jacob prefers to celebrate with a Mediterranean platter of hummus and grape leaves.


Best Friends Forever!!

No comments: