Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tony Soprano

So Harvey always said that Mason was a crime boss. "The way she just walks around here, like she owns the place."

She does have a swagger. And an attitude. And a huge belly. (But it's a gorgeous belly. A baby's belly and I wouldn't have it any other way.)

But she does sort of manipulate Jacob at times. For instance if he has a toy that she really wants but he refuses to give to her, she'll distract him with a different toy then take the one she actually wants. Which makes me think sometimes that she's training him to be her lackey.

For instance, a lot of times when they wake up from their naps -- or in the morning, I don't go to get them right away. But I'll hear them talking to each other, shouting things across the room. It's clearly not English, but some sort of baby code. That's usually followed by Jacob screaming his head off. So what I think has happened is that Mason shouts over to Jacob waking him up. If she's up, then they both must be up. Then she tells him to scream for Mama to come get them. Once he starts to do her dirty work she sits down in her crib and plays quietly, or reads one of the books I've left in their. And Jacob continues to scream for me until I come in. Mason stands up with a wry smile...all in a days work for Mase.

No comments: