Thursday, January 21, 2010

MOR VET BÆST

So as you saw in my last entry, poor little Jacob had a massive meltdown last Friday afternoon. And he had a couple on Saturday. And Sunday morning he was particularly cranky as well. What was wrong? I sort of chalked it all up to teething. Or his leftover cold.

My parents were in town this past weekend to spend time with their favorite grand kids. My mom kept telling me to take Jacob to the doctor. "That's not normal Ann...tell the doc that he keeps crying..."

Uccchhhh. What was the doc gonna tell me? "Sorry, Ma'm but you got a little crier on your hands." I mean, Jacob kind of always cries, ya know. Honestly, I did think it was a little weird that he was crying to the extent he was but just thought my little flower was being ultra sensitive and it was probably his teeth. So I would give him some Tylenol and call it a day. But my mom kept insisting that I take him to the doctors. So Harvey and I finally gave in and packed little Jacob up and took him in on Sunday morning.

And wouldn't you know it...the little shit has an ear infection in his left ear. Well, I just felt terrible. What a bad mom I am. I'm telling you, this sick stuff is hard. You never really know what's going on. And you don't wanna be all crazy and hypochondriac-like and take them in all the time. But you also don't want to ignore them. Ugh. My mom was right once again. How is she always right? I've been asking myself that for years.

When in doubt, mother knows best. I guess. At least mine does.

**As a side note, Jacob is now getting his pink amoxicillin and all is well.

1 comment: