Friday, January 15, 2010

Stacks

So I kind of brought this on myself.

For whatever reason I thought it would be a good idea to try and take Mason and Jacob out for lunch today. Mind you, they have both been sick with colds -- Jacob still has his. Also, Jacob woke up this morning at 6AM. Which is rather early for him these days.

But I took them to music class, as I usually do on Fridays at 10. Then after class I thought it would be fun to go and try this new pancake restaurant called Stacks, that opened up in Hoboken not too long ago. I didn't go by myself, but with my friend Gillian who also has twins and my friend Maria who had her 2 year old.

Let's just say the meal was less than desirable.

From the minute we got there it was mayhem. There was nothing on the table that Mason and Jacob didn't throw on the floor. Splenda, sugar packets, forks, knives, salt, pepper...the cups of cheerios the nice waitress brought for them. The toys I gave them to entertain themselves.

Mason ate part of a napkin. Then she tried to stand up out of her high chair onto the table. (a few times.) Then she managed to take my full glass of ice water and dump it down the front of her. It was awesome. (And this was all before any of our food came.)

When our food came that's when the real fun began. Jacob had a major meltdown. Not sure what triggered it or why it happened. All I know is that it sucked ass. He was crying so much that I actually had to take him out of the restaurant. Awesome. Then he kept crying, didn't want to be held and was rolling around on the sidewalk on Washington street. He finally calmed down for a Fig Newton. Took him back in and tried to salvage what was left of lunch. Took the little trouble makers back home and stripped them down since they had peed through their clothes since I didn't change them for a while. Stupid mama. So while they were running around naked, Jacob peed all over the floor all over this new toy I just got them. Again, totally my fault. Finally got them down for their nap around 1:00 but they didn't want to sleep, although they were exhausted. Went in their room after 15 minutes of them screaming to find they had both pooped. Fabulous. Changed both diapers and finally they went to sleep by 1:30.

Mason woke up at 2:30.
Jacob at 3:30.

Thanks God it's Friday! No really.

No comments: