Sunday, March 8, 2009

Splish splash I was takin' a swim

Yep, you read the title right.

Today, Harvey and I took Mason and Jacob for their first swim. We signed up for an "infant equatics" class with a mom friend of mine who also has twins. It was just at a local pool in Hoboken.

So I signed up for the class a few weeks ago. Oh, and just thought I'd share...that when I signed up the kids for the class I registered Mason first. Name...I typed "Mason Lieberman". Age...I typed "35". It wasn't until I got around to Jacob's application that I noticed they are going to think Mason is a 35 year old infant. Duuuuuuuh.

The next step was to get their suits. It said they actually only needed to wear swim diapers but no child of mine was gonna run around a public pool in a diaper. I mean, isn't that what poor kids do? Ha ha. Plus Mason is a little lady. It's way too early for her to be going topless. So I did what any good mom would do and went straight to oldnavy.com to get them suits.

I actually didn't take any pics of them yet because it was way too hard to manage both kids, all of our swimming shit and a camera! Are you nuts? Oh yeah, I was so worried about what the kids were gonna wear I wasn't thinking about me squeezing my hot bod into a suit. Post babies. Post not working-out. Post...Five Guys. So yeah. I found something.

All in all the swimming went really well. The water was kind of cold though...not very heated at all. So my sensitive little man screamed when he first got into the water. And yes, I'm talking about Jacob. Harvey is my sensitive big man. Hubba hubba. Mason loved it from the get go. Except she kept trying to eat the water. So we stayed in the big cold pool for about 15 minutes and then we all took the kids into the hot tub for the last 15. That part was a little better. Jacob definitely enjoyed the warm water way more as he went into a comatose like floating state. All he needed was a beer and he woul have been all set.

When class was over it was a challenge to get 2 wet babies and 2 wet parents changed and ready to go. I think all in all it took us 40 minutes to get all our stuff together, everyone dry and changed. The class itself was only 30. You do the math. Ha ha. It was a really fun afternoon though.

The best part of the whole thing was that my mom friend and I were the only moms in the class. Well, let me rephrase that. We were the only mom's who dared to put on swimsuits and get in the water. All the other moms, with only 1 baby were on the side of the pool taking pictures of all the dads in the pool with their little ones. Of course we had our husbands with us, holding our other baby. So unfortunately, there were not pics to be had. But maybe next time. Rest assured they looked cute. Real cute. Ridiculously cute.

No comments: