Saturday, March 7, 2009

All Momed Out

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. What is this world coming to? Oh...I know. No time. I knew this would eventually happen. But what are you gonna do. I post when I can. Like right now. Tonight. Saturday. Hoboken St. Patricks Day. Many years ago I would be out now, drinking a green beer. Well, I probably would have been drinking them all day. But now, I'm all momed out. And I'm hanging at home, blogging...and drinking a glass on wine. I think at one point today at like 2:00 or something, there were a ton of drunk kids outside being really loud and I feared they would wake up Jacob from his nap. I actually toyed with the idea of going out and telling them to quiet down. And then I thought, "What the hell is wrong with you. you old lady. lame old lady." So hear we are...

This past week has been pretty big.

  • Jacob AND Mason are both sitting up. Really well. I still prop pillows in back of them in case they take a tumble. But they are strong. Like ox.
  • Jacob is talking up a storm. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but he sounds like a baby teredactyl.
  • Mason jumps in her jumparoo. But actually it's more like a gallop. Instead of jumping with both feet she jumps one foot at a time. It's really REALLY cute. Maybe I can try and catch it on video at some point.
  • Jacob has started GRABBING everything. My face. His sister's ears. Oh yeah, and his own butt! I swear, every time I change him now he grabs his own ass. It's especially fun when there's poo all over it. So much fun.
  • We went to a fancy birthday party at a country club last weekend. I took the cutest pics ever. They deserve their own post.
  • It was my birthday last weekend. Thanks to all who remembered. I spent the day with my sexy babes (harv) and my other babes (mase & jake). They gave me very thoughtful gifts. Harvey got me this cool night light picture frame thing with Mason & Jacobs picture on. Sounds weird, but it's very cool. And thoughtful. You'll have to see it. Mase & Jake got me a "mother necklace". A cool little charm of a mom holding two children on it. It was so sweet. But it makes me feel like a real mom because that is the kind of necklace I used to get my mom. Oh yeah, I also stayed up past 10:30. Barely. Woo-hoo.
  • We took the kids to the park today and put them in swings. It was kind of cool. Jacob loved it! Mason wanted to eat it.

And those are the highlights. I've been working 2 1/2 - 3 days a week and the kids have been staying with the nanny. So far so good. Although I totally miss them. Really. It's kind of weird. I hate leaving. And really don't like being away from them for too long...even if I am still in Hoboken. But it's good so far. But that's another reason I haven't had a lot of time to blog.

One last note...Harv and I are taking the kids for swimming lessons tomorrow. We got them suits and everything. But I was so concerned about what they were gonna wear I kind of forgot about myself. Yikes. My swimsuit from my honey moon is definitely out of the question. And I'm not gonna wear my maternity one. That's just embarrassing. But I have an old number that doesn't look too old. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: