Thursday, June 9, 2011

Don't think I haven't noticed...



that I haven't posted in like, FOREVER!!!! I know. I suck. But I just can't seem to manage the whole working mom blogger lifestyle. Something has to give. And unfortunately, the blog goes by the wayside. But hey...there are lots and lots and LOTS of things going on besides work. Which is totally over rated by the way. But yeah, been working crazy hours, advertising hours, in the city for the past 2 weeks. Plus, us Lieberman's have a lot going on...which I'll let you in on a little later, but for now, let's get back to the cutest twins in the universe. My Mason. And my Jacob. I put a pic up top for your viewing pleasure that we took last weekend I think. They are cuddling. Like they are in toddler beds which they might get soon...Awwww.

A big shout out to my hot English husband for not letting the blog fall completely by the wayside and updating all of our fans out there with like, the past 9 entries I think? OMG. Savior.

So quick hits...let's see...Mase and Jake are growing by leaps and bounds. Seriously they get bigger every day.

They even had their first haircut on May 21st. (i know and i haven't blogged about it...bad mommy...totally momentous event that i completely slacked on.)

They went to Brooklyn for the first time Memorial Day weekend to Forte Greene Park. Yup, babies first trip to Brooklyn. They really enjoyed going over the bridge. As we were riding over a little conversation happened between my first born and I.

Me: We're going to Brooklyn guys
Jacob: Bookyn?
Me: Yup , Brooklyn.
Jacob: I like Bookyn....can I say it again Mommy?
Me: Of course you can, say it how ever many times you want.
Jacob: Bookyn! Bookyn! I like Bookyn!

And that was before we got there.

Mason's thumb is doing great. She's using her left hand again all the time.

Let's see...

Both Mason and Jacob have taken a new liking to "Dora the Explorer". I think thanks to their friends Burke and James. They even watched it last weekend INSTEAD of Gabba. OMG. And they still love Barney. Curses Grandma!

Potty training is going awesome. They are both getting really good at it. And wear underwear almost all of the time now. If I put them in a diaper it is either because I'm being very lazy and don't want to keep taking them to the potty or they request one to go poop in. Which they do. When they need to poop. They refuse to go on the potty. I've even tried bribing them with getting to wear big girl and big boy "Yo Gabba Gabba" underwear but it totally didn't work. Actually, this is funny -- just this morning Mason told me she needed to make a poop so wanted a diaper on. As I always do I asked her if she wanted to go in the potty. And she said, "No. But I'll go in 5 days. That's when I'll be ready." 5 days??? Really? I have no idea where she got that number from, but the whole thing cracks me up.

Mason got lost in Target this weekend. I was 2 seconds from crying when we found her. Totally my fault. I was supposed to be watching her. Harv had Jacob. I looked up and it looked like she was with Harv and Jacob so proceeded to shop. Come to find out a couple of minutes later that Harvey was not watching her because I was supposed to be and we couldn't find her ANYWHERE in the immediate vicinity. My heart sunk as it was a busy Sunday afternoon. I went to go find an employee to report she was missing, walked around the corner and there she was. With an employee on a walkie already and a bunch of other people surrounding her. But she didn't cry. Didn't seem upset. I honestly don't think she knew she was even lost at that point. I tried to tell her that you don't wander off where you can't see Mommy and Daddy. Yesterday we were talking about it and Harvey said to Mason, "Cause when you wander off you make Mommy worried, Daddy worried, Jacob worried...and Mason worried." And Mason's reply was, "Nah, I wasn't worried." OK. Honestly, how do I handle that one.

Lastly, they are way into Jigsaw puzzles lately. Those Melissa and Doug wooden ones. I started them off with 12 piece ones. Then moved on to 24. Now they are on a 48 piece Pirate Ship that I can barely do. But they love it.

Ok -- I've babbled long enough. And I have more posts to post, but that's generally what's been going on in Lieberland lately.

Over and out.

No comments: