Friday, February 13, 2009

This Old Man

And no, I'm not talking about Harvey. (Ha ha ha. Sorry, Harv. I totally set you up.)

I was singing that "This Old Man" song to the kids yesterday afternoon. Every once in a while, when I'm desperate I'll pull out and oldie but goodie from my childhood.

"This old man. He played 5 he played nic-nac on my hive. With a nic-nac paddy whack give the dog a bone. This old man came rolling home."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

How is it I never realized how diiirty that song is. I mean, I haven't wikipediaed it or anything. But what am I doing playing with an old man in the first place? Secondly, why is he playing nic-nac with me? What is nic-nac? Whatever it is, not sure I want him to be playing it in the various places the song talks about--

This old man...
he played five - he played nic-nac on my HIVE.
he played four- he played nic-nac on my DOOR.
he played three - he played nic-nac on my KNEE.
he played two - he played nic-nac on my SHOE. -
he played one - he played nic-nac on my THUMB. -- NO! not the thumb.

Then there's the whole "paddy-whack" give the dog a "bone".

All I know is I don't want any old man whacking his paddy or dealing with any kind of bone around me or my 6 month olds. Sick.

Maybe next time I'll skip that song and stick with the marching ants. (You know, "the ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah) Although, that little ant can be cheeky. Ha ha ha.

No comments: