So...lets see. What's happened on Clinton Street since we last got together. Well I guess that would be since we've gotten back. The week was a little rocky. The kids were jet lagged. Which was weird. They started getting up at like 2AM. But as the week went on we slowly got them back to just about normal. And then today, poor little Jacob caught a stomach virus. On their 6 month birthday no less. YES, THEY ARE 6 MONTHS OLD!!! Can you even stand it? I can't. Here are some quick highlights from the week:
-I had a Reeses Peanut Butter Crunch bar for breakfast one morning. Yes, it was awesome.
-Mason and Jacob went for their 6-month well visit on Friday. I'm proud to announce they are gaining weight and growing healthely. (of course i know that's not a real word).
Mason - 16 lbs 2 0z , 25.5 inches
Jacob - 16 lbs 12 oz, 26 inches
-At the doc appt. we were told to work on the kids separate problems - for Jacob, we need to get him sleeping soundly in the crib and take away his night feed...for Mase, we need to get her to eat something other than cereal and the occasional pea.
-Jacob has been sleeping in his crib (due to a semi-ferberization. yes, it works. and no, i could never do it.) Thank you Harvey.
-Mason ate carrots today. Carrots that we made. Well, that Harvey made. Our pediatrician suggested maybe the reason Mason wouldn't eat anything was because jarred babyfood tastes like shit. She really said that. Even though we were giving the Gerber Organics she suggested we try making out own. She was like, "What do you eat? Give her a little bit of whatever you eat." I was sort of embarrassed to say I eat Reeses peanut butter cups for breakfast. Or Lean Cuisines for lunch.
-Aunt Jennie came to visit this weekend. We love Aunt Jennie. And not just because she does all of our laundry. She is also partially responsible for Mason eating her carrots as she told me to let Mason play with her food. Which I never in a gazillion years would have done.
-Both kids have been pooping like crazy. Which is way better than if they were constipated. Trust me. But they both pooped up their backs at some point this weekend. Which was pretty smelly and gross. But I guess what else can you expect when someone poops up their back.
-I got a much needed manicure and pedicure this weekend. Also, thanks fo Aunt Jennie for dragging my momafied ass out of the house. I think the last one I had was when the kiddos were 5 weeks old.
-Mason continues to roll over all the time. Except when she rolls onto her front, she won't roll back. And often lays on her stomach and cries until you turn her back over.
-Jacob stands like a ballerina when you hold him up and put his feet on the ground. He really points his toes and sticks out his chest. It's very funny. I'll try and get a picture of it soon.
-I tried on bridesmasid dresses that Jennie brought in. It was way worse than I had expected. I start the South Beach diet tomorrow.
So that's all for now folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment