Friday, January 16, 2009

Stay-At-Home-TV

The past few days I've been thinking about all these weird shows that I watch now that I'm a mom. OK, I'm admitting it. Here it goes.

I watch *Kathie Lee & Hoda Kotbe (the last hour of The Today Show in NY). I have to admit I kind of like it. Even though they are really dumb, it's pretty entertaining. I especially like the very beginning of the show when they go through all the NY Papers and tell me all the gossip.

I watch *The View. Yes, I'll admit it. And I like the beginning of their show too when they do "Hot Topics". And Whoopie is surprisingly funny. Barbara Walters and Elizabeth Hasselbeck I could do without -- but it is a funny mix of women.

I watch *"Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" hosted by Meredith Viera. It makes for good TV that you can keep the sound down when you are feeding babies.

I watch *Oprah. Not all the time. But a few days out of the week for sure. I mostly like it when she has celebrities on. The losing weight and self help I could do without. I mean, not like I don't need to lose weight, but to me, those shows don't make for good TV.

I watch *Jon and Kate Plus 8. It makes me feel better about my situation.

Now I still watch all the shows I would normally watch - Sportscenter, Mike & Mike and The Today Show in the morning. I still watch the Food Network all the time. And I keep up with The Office, Top Chef, 30 Rock, South Park and Trueblood on the DVR. But these are my day time shows that I never really ever thought I would watch. But I do. They have some how grabbed a hold of me.

One other really embarrassing thing I just thought of, is that I hear that "Daisy Sour Cream" commercial all day long and sometimes I catch myself singing that catchy jingle, "Do a dollop...Do Do a dollop with Daisy! Do a dollop...Do Do a dollop!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWCKo8Dleh0

* When I say watch, I really mean that I just have it on in the room. Obviously, having two kids I cannot really watch anything.

No comments: