Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bolded Happenings

I feel like I haven't been updating the blog as much as I used to. Not sure what this is due to...oh yeah, it's because I have two kids. "But you've always had two kids, dummy." I know. I know. But I guess they just seem to be taking up more time the older they get. Which is a good thing. I think. In the beginning most of my day was dedicated to making sure the little fuckers wouldn't cry. But now they definitely don't cry as much which is awesome. I mean, they still cry of course, just not the whole day. Except for the other day when Mason cried for like an hour straight. Poor girl is teething, can't say I blame her. But now most of my day is spent playing with them -- they are SO interactive now it's crazy. We are not playing catch or eating toast together - but they seem to really enjoy my singing. Which is really funny. And they try and talk to me. Which is even funnier. I haven't posted a video in a while - so I'll try and catch something good tomorrow.

So here are some bolded points on the latest. (you know it is important if it is bolded)

Mason is rolling over like crazy. Every now and then I'll catch her in the rain forest whimpering because she's rolled over on her stomach and doesn't like what she is facing (like the bottle of tequila we have on the bottom shelf of our bar) and can't roll back over to look at the lights and butterflies.

Mase has also been sleeping through the night. Past 4 nights in a row. She RULES.
Jacob has been sleeping in his crib. Past 5 nights in a row. This may not sound amazing to you, but to Harvey and I, this is totally exciting. And a huge relief at the same time. Kind of cross between the excitement you feel when a package arrives with your name on it but you weren't expecting anything combined with the relief you feel when you take a big crap. He's crying a lot through the night but is learning to settle himself down. Lets just hope the little guy keeps it up.

They both have tried sweet potatoes and sweet peas. Jake enjoys the sweet potatoes while Mase prefers peas. Tomorrow we are onto carrots. I'm telling you, crazy things are happening over here.

Jacob loves the Jumparoo. Which is this crazy contraption you put them in with all these insane distractions all over it and their feet are dangling. He gets really excited about being in it. And I get excited about putting him in it.

We've added "naked time" into our repertoire of daily activities. It is exactly as it sounds. I strip them down to their diapers and they roll around together on soft blankets. They absolutely LOVE it. I guess I would secretly love it too. But Harvey and I are just too tired to roll around on soft blankets. We would just fall asleep.

Jacob has been straining really hard to poo. I think he's a little bit constipated from the cereal, but you can totally tell when he's doing it. He looks all serious and just grunts like he's trying to poo. He's such a dude. All he is missing is a magazine.

Mason has been blowing raspberries at me. Even with her peas in her mouth.
They are probably getting into a new bath tub soon. Sadly they are getting too big for their little Froggy bath. We actually put them in a bigger tub tonight. (together which was especially cute) But the tub was a little too big as we had to hold them up.

That's all I got for now. More tomorrow or on the weekend.

No comments: