Saturday, February 2, 2013

Shabbat Helpers

As you all know Jacob and Mason go to a Jewish preschool. And every Friday they have "Shabbat Sing" in preparation for Shabbat. They also get the opportunity to be "Shabbat Helpers" twice a year where their family members can come to school and it's just a "special" time for them.

Mason was Shabbat helper first. Along with a girl in her class named Ruti. Jacob was Shabbat helper with a couple other kids who I can't remember their names. Harv, Skye and I attended. The following week it was Jacob's turn. Again, Harvey and I came along with Aunt Jennie and Hunter.

I think their next Shabbat helper times are in April...so if you're available Friday morning, we'd love to have you.

Mason and Ruti about to light the candles.
Shelley joins in and helps the girls. How cute is Mase!?!
Mason passing out Challah to all her friends.
Little Jacob about to light the candles.
Jacob passing out Challah to Aunt Jennie and Hunter.
"Hamotze Lechim Min Haharetz...We give thanks to God for bread"

Jacob enjoying his Chalah...Mmmm...Tasty.

No comments: