Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sausage Poo

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write this post. But I'm proud to announce that at approximately 9:45 PM on Saturday, March 19, 2011 Jacob Galahad Lieberman made his first poop in the potty! And what a poop it was. Poor little fella had actually been constipated for the past few days...damn bananas.

Anyway, we had put the kids down pretty late as they had been having fun with both sets of their grandparents who were in town. I heard little Jacob calling me from his crib. So of course I ran in there and he says, "Mommy, I wanna go poo poo on the potty!"

"Really??" I thought. He never wants to go number 2 when I ask him (And I know he's going because he goes into his room and shuts the door when he poops. He even says sometimes if I walk in on him, "Go away mommy. I wanna finish my poopin'."

So I took him out of his crib and let him attend to business. Mason of course had to come out of her crib too because she said she had to go poo as well and claimed the she "felt it in her tummy" despite the fact that she had just pooped in her diaper.

So Mason was back and forth and back in her crib when I peeked into the bathroom to see how my little Jacob was doing. I actually saw him standing up looking sheepish and sad, his bottom lip about to quiver. As I looked more closely, I noticed an ENORMOUS man sized log of poop glistening in all its glory on my white tiles. Jacob was staring down at it. He mentioned that he thought it looked like a "sausage poo".

Aww...my innocent little Jacob. He had never gone poop before and his first one had to be one of a 30-year-old man. I'm guessing what happened was he hadn't completely finished and got up a little early and had a clinger-onner that was still attached. Awww.

I went in and told him how proud I was of him and how it was OK and he prob just got up a little early. He seemed fine and actually went straight back onto the potty to pee and finish up his poopin. I immediately called for Harvey. Cleanup in aisle 7.

So little Jacob did it!! Mommy, Daddy and Mason are super proud of the little guy. And the next day he put on his big boy underpants.

No comments: