Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Musical tastes
Ann and I just came back from a gig at Maxwells. We saw British Sea Power (my choice) and it got me thinking about if our kids will like our taste in music. I grew up listening to the Beatles, Stones, Kinks and Faces. I still love all this music - is it because it's really good or is it because it reminds me of Sunday lunchtimes, sitting with my dad listening to Jimmy Saville on the radio? I'm not musically talented. Ann can sing but I can't sing or play anything. Mason likes to sing but she sounds like me. Jacob has a toy guitar but doesn't quite get it. I appreciate music (from both mathematical and melodic views) so I'm sure we'll encourage the kids to take up music. I have an idea that they'll form a band with their friends Burke and James. Burke on lead guitar and vocals, James on drums. Jacob on rhythm guitar and backing vocals and Mason on bass. Maybe they'll be called "Mason and her Minions".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment