Many many MANY things have been going on the past couple weeks. Sorry I haven't had time to update. Been still doing that working thing. Oy. It just keeps going on. How can I refuse. And when I'm not doing the working thing I'm still doing the mommy thing. Ha. Joke. Not that funny.
Anyway...let see.
Both the kids are becoming very VERY verbal. They are talking up a storm as I have mentioned before. Every day they say more. And more. It's awesome. My favorite things they say are "pictures & mix" - which means they want to me to plug in the camera so they can look at pictures of themselves and listen to the "baby party mix" on my ipod. "Ketchup" and "Dip". Same thing. Mason has started to call ketchup, ketchup. Jacob sometimes does, but mostly calls it dip. "Oh-dear-me!" This is a phrase they learned from Nana Sandra. And they still keep saying it. Mason has started to call me "Mommy". Wicked cute. Oh, and they both say very very clearly, "Jack's Show. Jack's Show." Which is on of their favorite Nick Jr. Shows. They also call each other by name which couldn't be cuter..."Mase", Jacob says. And "Jay-Jay" says Mason.
Last weekend we were in Boston visiting grandma and grandpa and the fam for Memorial Day weekend and the kids had a blast! They went on the swan boats in Boston Common. Hung out at the park with Aunt Jennie, Aunt Lena & Uncle Mat. Went swimming in a blow up pool outside grandma & grandpas house. They went to a BBQ. Very full weekend. Oh yes.
Highlight of the weekend was probably the footlong hotdog Jacob ate at Joe's American Bar and Grill on Newbury St. Yep, he ate the whole thing. It was pretty amazing. No bun. Just the meat. That boy sure does like his hot dogs.
It's also been hot out so we've been sporting our swimsuits. Well, the kids have. Not me. You're welcome.
Two more really cute things that have happened in the past week -- Mason has started a trend of when she gets up in the morning (I have their sippy cups full of milk on the coffee table) she runs out and gets Jacob's milk and brings it to him. She is SO excited to do it. He is SO excited to get it from her.
Yesterday, I took Jacob to gymnastics. (I alternate kids every other week). Anyway, he was less than enthusiastic all class. He seemed so sad. Or tired. At one point he just lay down on the mat while two other boys ran around him. And he didn't wanna do ANYTHING. Just hold my hand and sit there. I thought maybe he was getting sick. Anyway, I took him home from class and Sarah had Mason in the high chair just about to feed her lunch. Jacob bursts through the door and says, "Mase! Mase! Mase!" and starts running around and tickling her feet. It was like a new child had emerged. He missed his sister. He really did. Couldn't have been cuter.
I'll try and post some pics later...if I have time. I'm off to AC. What??
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment