I survived the night. So did the kids. Although there was a moment when Jacob woke up at 2am and needed a bit of comforting - I think he had a nightmare that mom had gone away for the weekend and left him with dad. The morning started with meeting Burke and James to go to the water park. Please note that this is a park that even the mom's haven't taken the kids to yet but the brave dads (in place of brave, you could substitute stupid) took it on. Actually it was a bit of an anticlimax - Mason just wanted to go on the slides and wasn't interested in the water at all and Jacob was a little concerned by the fountains. He spent most of the time standing at least 10 yards from any water, trying to catch it in a cup. Bless. Finally he ventured to the smallest fountain but ran away everytime it started shooting water (pics below).
After lunch and nap we played the air mattress game again and then dressed up in dad's T-shirts. Finally Burke and James came round and we all ate a tasty dinner. I have to say Jacob and Mason were so well behaved for me - I think they could smell my fear. Ann came back from Atlantic City, fully refreshed and ready to take on the twins for the rest of the summer. I'm going to take the next month off 'cos it's the World Cup.

Jacob builds up the courage to approach the baby fountain

The fountain senses his presence and unleashes its fury

The wrath of the fountain is too much for poor Jacob

Mason, dressed in daddy's Dandy Wahols tour T-shirt, looks like a wizard
4 babies enjoying a civilized meal. Not a single thrown green bean in sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment