Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mason's Favorite Word

So Harvey was gone last week on work trip. So I was taking care of the kiddos 24/7 -- of course with the help of my nanny, Sarah. But it was pretty much me and the babes all week. Now I missed Harvey a ton. No doubt. But little Mason I think missed him the most. Every day she would walk around with her fake cell phone saying, "Da da. Da da. Da da." Poor thing.

And when Harvey came back she couldn't have been more excited.

Monday night Harvey and I were putting them to bed. Right before we were hanging out in their bedroom and Mason brought over a book for me to read. She sat on my lap and I think I got out the first sentence when she grabbed the book out of my hands, stood up out of my lap and shouted, "Da da!" And then went over to Harvey.

"What a jerk!" I said. Seriously. That's what I said. I would be lying if I said that my feelings weren't hurt. Harvey tried to soften the blow by saying "It must be the accent that she likes." Dunno about that. But she does love her Da da.

But Jacob loves me. So don't worry. I'm cool with it. :)

No comments: