
Today, we attented the 8th Annual Hoboken Baby Parade. No, I'm not joking. There really is a "baby parade" in Hoboken (as you can see by the flyer I attached). Apparently it's been going on for 7 years already. Yeah, I've lived in Hoboken for a while now and I've never heard of such a silly thing. Until now. Cause now, I actually look forward to these kind of things. Sad, I know. But it was kind of really fun. In that now-you-have-kids-and-your-life-has-completely-and-totally-changed kind of way.
The idea was to dress up your baby, your carraige or both and march in a little parade. Then their are judges and trophies and all sorts of parade like things.
We actually didn't start thinking about costumes until a few days ago. And we had all of these fantastic ideas. But at the end of the day, they were just too hard to execute. No time. But we managed to come up with a pretty awesome idea in the end. Mason and Jacob were "Burritos in Disguise". And the best part is, WE ACTUALLY GOT AN HONORABLE MENTION FOR BEST CARRIAGE IDEA. Good thing we didn't win though cause a lot of people really went all out for this thing. And we were burritos in disguise. Ha. It's pretty exciting though I have to say -- our kids FIRST contest win. Awesome.
This sign was a last minute addtion.

See the masks on the carseats! Clever, I know.

Baby Burrito.

Mason is not amused.

Action shot.

Celebrating our honorable mention win!

Jacob celebrates with Papa. Froggy in the mouth style.
No comments:
Post a Comment