Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weekend Cutie Patooties

An awesome weekend was had by all. Especially because Aunt Jennie was in town. We did the usual activities and had a few photo shoots. Speaking of photo shoots I can't stop taking pictures. Dunno why. Well, I do know why. It's because the kids are so damn cute I can't resist taking, like, at least 20 shots a day. No joke. I mean, I only post a selected few - but my memory on my computer is slowly being depleted. Which is fine. I just don't know when I turned into this crazy picture taking mama. If you have kids...you'll get the bug. They probably won't be as cute as Harvey and mine, but you'll still take tons o' pics. You just watch.

So other highlights from the weekend:

-My mom got me the book "The Best Baby on the Block" and I read it in one sitting. Great book. It's funny cause we had already been doing most of the stuff in the book that is suppose to unleash the great "calming reflex" in your crying baby. We just hadn't been doing all the stuff in that combination. But we tried it out on young Jacob - during his witching hour and it really worked splendidly. Really.

-We started a new feeding / sleeping schedule on Friday night. It essentially consists of them waking between 5-6 in the morning. (I wish it could be btwn 6-7, but I'll take 5 for now.) They feed every 4 hours during the day - and then feed every day at 4:30 regardless of when they were fed before and then their last feed is at 7:30 and then they go down to sleep. We also wake them around 12:30 to feed them. So in a typical day they feed - 6AM, 10AM, 2PM, 4:30PM, 7:30PM, 12:30 in the evening and then the hope is for them to sleep until 5-6. Eventually hoping to drop off that midnight feeding. Sorry to bore you with all this feeding schedule garbage. Especially if you don't have kids, in which case you've probably skipped over this long ass bullet point and aren't even reading this.

-We put the second crib up and reorganized the nursery a little bit. Jacob is still sleeping in his swing but the hope is to get the little guy into the crib soon. One thing at a time though - gonna try and establish the new feeding schedule first.

-Mason almost rolled over on Saturday afternoon. She was in the rainforest cafe - doing tummy time with Aunt Jennie. She almost rolled. I swear.

-I wore one of my pre-pregnancy bras on Saturday. Not sure how well it really fit. I kinda felt like I was busting out. But it was kinda tight and held me in which was nice and supportive. My maternity/nursing bras are definitely too big on me at the moment. Think I might need to by some new bras. Joy.

-I had some weird, long hair growing out of my face. And my sister Jennie noticed. Which I'm not complaining about, trust me. All of a sudden she says, "OMG Ann, you have a long whisker!" I think we pulled it out. But I can't be sure. I blame it on the kids - never had whiskers before. And if I did, I definitely would have had enough time to find it in the mirror and pull it out.

Some pics taken this past weekend:

cutest outfit ever


photo shoot #1


we really do love each other


baby sopranos


hey, look at me! anything mommy can do, Aunt Jennie can do better.


pound it, bitches!

No comments: