Here's how the conversation went this morning at 7am:
Harvey: "I see you're with the kids. Sorry I didn't come to help when Jacob was crying at 5am this morning."
Ann: "You mean 11:30 last night."
Harvey: "No. I heard him crying at 5am and saw you get up to deal with him."
Ann: "Yes, but he also woke up at 11:30 and was screaming the house down. Didn't you hear him? It was the worst ever!"
Harvey: "No. I slept through the whole thing."
So, it appears that daddy's pseudo-narcolepsy has returned. I've always managed to fall asleep quickly to the point where I have done it both in mid-conversation and whilst eating (it's true!) but I never thought I could sleep through my children crying at night. Is it just me or is this one of the things that dads do which annoy moms. Do we not have the same emotional bond with our children?! What kind of a man can sleep through the cries of a baby?
Apparently this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
like father, like son
Sandra
Post a Comment