Friday, August 22, 2008

NYU Hospital - The Early Days


The next three days at NYU were amazing. Although I was all hopped up on meds Harvey and I got to spend lots of time with our new members of the family. Thanks to all the peeps who made it up to the hospital to visit - Jim, Maria, Demi, Bram, Eden, Anne, Margaux, Randi & Mya.

And a special shout-out to my family members, Grandma Sherry, Grandpa Ira, Aunt Jennie, Uncle Mat and Aunt Lena.

Some highlights from those days were:
-When I thought Mason had a four chambered nose. I was looking into it when I was feeding her and didn't realize that it was just boogers.
-My epidural fell out some time between Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Not sure when. Not sure why. My bed was soaking wet, but I just thought I was sweating my ass off. The nurses couldn't believe what a he-woman I was for putting up with the pain. Sans any pain medication.
-When my mom walked under one of those Purell sanitizer things that was on the wall and it automatically dispensed on her back. It was so funny because it kind of looked like a bird had pooed on her. I had to contain myself because of the stitches...oh the stitches.
-Seeing Harvey change all those diapers.
-When the nurse brought Jacob to me from the nursery at 4:00 AM because he wouldn't stop crying and needed his mother. He was and still continues to be a true "mama's boy".

No comments: