Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Alive and Kickin'

Yup, the story of my life. I haven't posted since October. And every time I post I just write about how I haven't posted in a while. And let you know that I plan to post. And then I never do. And like 3 months rolls by and the kids are Bar Mitzvahed and I haven't recorded ANYTHING! Ha.

I was talking to Harvey over the holiday break and was thinking of ending the blog. Since I can't catch up. And I never have time to post. But, well, screw that. This is my blog. I can't end it. Poor Skye will feel so inferior that I haven't recorded her every step. And move. And well, the girls got moves. Plenty.

But, things are different now. I'm pushing 40, have 3 kids and I'm livin' in the burbs. The only reason I have a free second now to post is because I had my yearly gynological appt this morning so I got a sitter for little Boo. And that never happens. I don't have help. I still miss Sarah more than you know. We've been up in Winchester now for 1.5 years and I've had NO HELP people. I mean, payed help. Harvey is like, father of the year. And he helps. Immensely. So that's not what I meant. I meant that when I went to type up a little note for the babysitter this morning, I was referencing the last note I typed up and it was dated, October 31, 2013. So essentially I haven't left Skye with a sitter since then. Seriously. So Skye darlin, when you're old enough to read through this blog and feel underappreciated because I didn't blog about you. Or print photos out of you. Or make DVDs of you, well, know that I spent the MOST TIME WITH YOU. Yup. It's true. Sarah, our old nanny, was with our family since Jacob and Mason were 6 months old. I had her 2 1/2 days a week whether I was working or not so...yeah. There you go Skye. I threw you a bone there.

So - here's the plan. Before the end of the month, I intend to catch up on the blog - I'll post a pic and try and keep it to a sentence or 2 about all the events that I'm backlogged about...you know, the important stuff...like the twins tonsils and adenoids being taken out, our trip to england, the twins turning 5, skye turning 2...those are the ones off the top of my head anyway, that I haven't recorded.

And I mostly feel bad because I'm missing out on recording all of these fantastic little quips and happenings, so I'll tell you about a few recent ones here.

But first...just in general...Jacob and Mason are absolutely LOVING school. Like a lot. They are learning to read and write and I'm so very proud of them. They love art. And music. And continue to be the light of my life. Well, I tell myself that anyway, everytime I'm about to throw one of them out the window.

Skye is growing by leaps an bounds. She is crazy advanced and I owe it all to me. Because I'm home with her more. Nah, I think it's because she's around Jacob and Mason all of the time and copies whatever they are doing. She is practically Mason's little "Mini me". It's insane. She can count to 20. She knows her ABCs. Her colors. She sings songs ALL of the time. Nursery rhymes. She's a master builder...with blocks. And still loves Dora and Paw Patrol. She also continues to be my champion eater and loves loves LOVEs spaghetti. "Gettey is my favorite. It makes me happy" I'll often hear her say.

Funny stories off the top of my head, because I have to go soon...

The other day Mason was making a birthday card for her friend Logan...she was writing it out (with my help of course) and whilst writing she says, "I think they are going to be really impressed with my lower case e's." Ha. The girl does have a particularly good lower case "e".

The other morning Harvey went to get Skye from her crib in the morning. She has a puppy "flashlight" friend in her crib. (which basically is a stuffed animal with a little light in the tummy...it lights up when you press it.) She says to Harv as he walks in the room, "Daddy...my puppy needs new batteries."

Jacob. Oh Jacob. He was doing a poster for school a couple weeks back because he was the "star of the week". We had to put on it things like favorite color, animal and so on. One of the questions was, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" When I asked him, he thought about it for half a second and then said, "A fairy!". Hmmmm...I thought. "Are you sure Jacob? That's what you want to put on your poster and tell your class? On second thought he said, "Well, maybe an artist." Ok, I said with a smile. That's a good one. "Or maybe a fairy artist" he said. I stuck with the second answer.

Along those lines...Jacob and Mason were running around the house playing "Frozen" the other day. (the disney movie that came out not too long ago.) Anyway, Jakey and Masey are arguing..."I want to be Elsa. No! I want to be Elsa. But I'm Elsa cause I'm wearing white! You can't be Elsa." And so on. I look at Jake and said, "You REALLY want to be Elsa? I mean, what about the snow man?" Jacob responds, "No mom! I want to be ELSA! She's cool. She has super powers!" Touche. The kid does have a point. Ha.

OK...gotta run. I have 5 year olds to pick up. But first, I'll try and find you a few recent pics. Hopefully, we'll converse soon! And not in 3 months.

My snow angels. 

Jacob and Mason watched the original Star Wars with Harvey a couple weekends back. So here we have Luke, Leah, and an Ewok.

"My favorite...GETTEY! It makes me happy."

Jakey's "star of the week" poster.

The wondertwins. Still the cutest twins in the universe.

No comments: